Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Harold and the Purple Crayon

If you are an art teacher you know about Harold, his purple crayon and his great imagination. 
 If you don't know take a few minutes to watch this video (http://www.teachertube.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=147571)
This year I decided to use Harold as an intro. for my 5th graders to line.  We watched the video and then they created books about their summers... using nothing but lines.  

I love that this student made his book goes vertically!






 For each book they had to create a cover.  I love this one... CEO of AWESOME!
They also had to write a 2 paragraph summary of what they did the summer that they will be typing up during keyboarding class.  They had to write them during art/study hall but Mrs. Polodna is awesome enough to work with them on typing them up and using google drive to "turn them in to me."


1 comment:

  1. This is great! I'm starting a unit with 5th grades on Children's Illustrated books. This would be a wonderful way to slide in slowly to the big project. (We are going to submit them to the Scholastic Kids are Authors Contest)

    ReplyDelete