Friday, November 8, 2013

COLOR WHEELS

or is it 
colar wheells 
or
colerwehls
or 
coller weels


Wow!  I am so glad I am not an English teacher. I have spent the last two days creating color wheels in the computer lab with my 5th graders.  Part of their assignment is to upload through artsonia and write an artist statement.  We talked about what they should look like and I showed examples of good and bad artist statements.  But I wasn't prepared for what I was about to get:  

holymiss.pelled run one sentences batman! most of mystudents must knot hve listennned about punctuation capitaLization or that fact that u is not a word and i am important enough to bee a I. 

Don't get me wrong, we have AMAZING English teachers in our district but I can see how texting and spell checking have affected our writers.  

But onto happier news. 
The color wheels are turning out awesome.  Some of the kiddo's are struggling with the yellow orange, orange, red orange transition but most are rocking them.  






You can check out more of them (and my somewhat spell checked artist statements) at ARTSONIA
...and you can try to guess what I demonstrated during class.
(It was the 6 pointed star)


No comments:

Post a Comment