It was a 40 minute train ride and $10 round trip (vs. $60 for a taxi one way) from downtown Fort Worth to downtown Dallas. The museum was a 4 block walk from the train stop and definitely worth it. The Cindy Sherman exhibit from the MOMA was just being installed but they had a Chagall exhibit that was AWESOME (and free with my convention pass).
I have never been a huge Chagall "superfan" but that changed from this exhibit. From this one exhibit I came up with the following ideas:
- creating clay plates and "drawing" on them
- creating a costume from a play or poem
- drawing on painted paper... paint in one shape and draw only in the shape
- collage a generic shape and then draw over the top of it
- create a "two face/figure" drawing that shows people who influence you
- saving sketches... switching and working collaboratively
(Even the Omni Hotel thinks it is a good idea... check out their paintings)
We finished the evening in Dallas with a tour of some other downtown Dallas spots... like where JFK was assassinated It was definitely an odd feeling to be standing there on the grassy knoll looking at the X that marks the spot were he was shot. Another first for the day was eating alligator. I can tell you that it really tastes just like chicken.