Monday, March 19, 2012

That Student....

Today was one of those days that I kept thinking  "that student is....

That student is spending soooo much time off task they are never going to get anything done...
 
  I know they are being creative cutting squares, out of squares, out of squares but that is not the project! 

That student is going to hate me for pushing them and never accepting their work as done...
I only push them because I know they can handle it and because they are sooo close to being really great!

This student is never going to finish...
...they are too much of a perfectionist for our short schedule.  Thankfully they are willing to work at home!

This student just wants to be DONE!
... they complete the project as quickly as possible.  They make sure to meet all the minimum requirements; but nothing more!
  
It is funny that different students fall into different groups during different projects.  It reinforces the idea that I have to offer multiple projects throughout the year... I never know what project will spark a student into the 'wow, I am proud of myself' group.  


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post!!! I'm so glad I'm not alone :) I absolutely love your blog - so many WONDERFUL ideas, charmingly presented!

    ReplyDelete