Friday, September 2, 2011

Organization

Seeing almost 600 kids a week takes some organization... here is what is working for me. 

Each student has a Manila folder in which they store their notes, sketches and small class projects.  They are stored in these plastic milk crates by class code (ex M1 = is Monday, 1st period).  My "handout" table knows to come into the room and hand out their classes folders.

The front of one milk crate also has Free Time Artstuff.  This is where I keep word finds, grid pictures, design coloring worksheets and free draw paper.  When students finish a project early they know they can head here for something extra to do. 
The students large artworks are stored in these flat racks in the back of the room.  They are also sorted by class code.  Students are not allowed to hand in work unless it has their first name, last name and class code on it.  This makes it much easier to hand back art show work ... just divide it up by class code.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I just discovered your blog, and already I am a fan! 600 kids? Yikes! And I thought keeping track of 250 was a handful. I admire your organization ( and I think I will be stealing a few ideas too). I look forward to seeing more of what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete