Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer...

I am not sure where all my "free" time has gone but yesterday the Welcome Back to School packet arrived in my mailbox.  I hope that all of you are having a great summer.  We sure are having a blast here in Nebraska.

We started the summer with a trip to YMCA of the ROCKIES with my husbands Pheasants Forever Group.  

WOW... what a wonderful place.  So much to do and so very family friendly.  I mostly had 3 kids by myself as he was in meetings and it was no big deal!  

Then we had baseball, gymnastics and dance (all the things I tell my kids no to during the school year).  I also have gone back to running and was able to medal for the first time in MY LIFE in any sort of athletic event... yeah I was pumped. 

Also we are moving so that means lots of cleaning, tossing, packing, sorting, throwing away are going on.  
I have also tackled refinishing my dressers from when I was a child for my girls to use in their new bedroom.  It is fun but I am so grateful for my professional painter hubby who is helping make my dream finish come true. 

I am relishing that we still have over 4 weeks till school starts but really I know that time will go fast.  I have 5th grade projects planned out... let's hope 6th grade gets done lickety split!

No comments:

Post a Comment