Saturday, December 15, 2012

Life...


Life is always happening around us and we often are so wrapped up in what WE are doing that forget about the other people in this world living their lives also... then something happens that stops us in our tracks.  It makes us re-focus on the truly important things.

My heart aches for the families who lost a child in the Sandy Hook Tragedy, their lives will never be the same.  My heart aches for the students, teachers and community who will forever be changed.  My heart aches for the people who will take this tragedy and try to make it a political talking point. 

As teachers we run through drills and we hope we never need that training.  However, we are entrusted by parents to take care of their precious children for a large part of the day.  It doesn't surprise me to hear of the teachers who died protecting "their children" and it breaks my heart that some of them won't get to go home to their own children.  

I pray that we not get so caught up in our lives that we quickly forget about this community.  I pray that we take some time to really appreciate those around us.  I pray that we say thank you to the people who keep us safe.  And I pray that we, as teachers, help each of our students find their sense of worth in the world.  

1 comment: