Thursday, July 17, 2014

I am a "Nighthawk"

So I said earlier in the week that I was taking an iPad art class.  Well I have learned A LOT!

  1. Someday I would Love, Love, Love to meet Tricia Fuglestad!
  2. The iPads have unlimited things they can do.
  3. EVERYTHING awesome on the iPad takes mutliple steps, apps, actions.
Well I have managed to create a new "Wednesday curriculum*" that focuses on using the iPads.  I have to share with you what will be the students final project.  It is called Stepping into Art History and is totally inspired/stolen from Tricia's website

Here are the steps to what they will have to do:
  1. Find and save(to the camera roll) a famous art image they like. 
  2. Take a photo of themselves on the green screen doing something that would "fit" with the picture.  
  3. Open the Superimpose App (watch this vimeo by Tricia) and save the finished image to the camera roll.
  4. Scan a QR code to upload this image to Artsonia and write an "8th grade writing assessment inspired" artist statement. 
  5. Open the DoInk Green Screen App.  (Check out this video or this one) Use the modified famous image as the background image.  Record the student (or they can record themselves) doing a small artist summary. 
  6. Save video to camera roll.
  7. Using a QR code students will open my YouTube account and upload to a specific playlist. 
Here is my finished image:
see me hanging out on my iPad...
and here is my finished video:
ignore the goofy lady in purple...

Now to enjoy my last two weeks of "summer" before it is really back to school!
oh wait... I have one more class to finish!





No comments:

Post a Comment