Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Lines that...

A few years ago I went on a book buying spree.  Since then they have sat on my bookshelf.  

UNTIL NOW

illustrations from the book

This year I finally pulled out Candance Whitman's book "Lines that Wiggle" to start our year off learning about lines.  It is a fun book filled with simple illustrations done by Steve Wilson. The students were given a small paper with a specific line drawn on it.  They were then challenged to create an image using their line.  Since the book is finished with glittery lines we went ahead and added glitter glue to our images.  I think they turned out awesome!






You can check out more of the images at Artsonia.com
and find the lesson plan here.


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Have you thought about reading the book and showing your students illustrations at an elementary school? I think they would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach 5-6 and read the book to each class... they loved it. My autistic kids loved feeling the raised lines of the glitter glue. I think it would defintely work for an elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book! I use it with my k-2 students. Your kids did great work!

    ReplyDelete