Sunday, February 20, 2011

What a Weekend!

This weekend I was blessed to take a small family trip to visit one of my dearest friends, Miss Sarah Davis.  She and I graduated from the Wayne State on the same day with the same degree and then returned to our respective hometowns to teach art and marry the boys the of our dreams.  Now, we both have 3 kids and work hard to try and juggle our crazy lives.  We don't get together nearly enough but I so enjoy the time we do.  I truly appreciate how she understands the delicate balance of creating, teaching and enjoying the family side of life.  We talked about lesson plans that work, grading rules and procedures, dirty diapers and how to effectively discipline 2 year olds (our own... not our students). 

Weekends like this help make you take the time to be grateful... for your family, for your friends, for the memories of the past and for the laughs shared today.  Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment